Sunday 15 July 2012

Inaugural Post from My Island

Welcome!

Seven months ago at Christmas dinner, my cousin, Trevor, suggested that I begin a blog about my kitchen exploits.  I joke with my friends that I'm not particularly creative - I don't scrapbook, quilt, make cards, or do interior decorating - but I do love to play with my food and share it with others.  Some people dread being asked to bring something to a potluck, bake sale, church lunch, baby shower, etc., but I look forward to it!  The only problem with my love of trying new recipes and trying to create interesting presentations of the food is that a few friends have made comments like, "I can't invite you over for lunch because I'll be too embarrassed to serve you what I can make..." :-(

Goals of my blog are to share:
1) stories of my adventures in cooking,
2) interesting recipes, both nutritious and sinfully rich,
3) tips and tricks I've learned (I am a teacher after all!), and
4) how my passion for food would never motivate me to judge my friends' or family's cooking!

If I'm really fortunate, I hope to
1) get friendly feedback and ideas from other people who visit me here,
2) learn more about myself,* and
3) avoid any infringement on copyright rules and/or get sued! 

This is my very first blog so if you have suggestions about the format, can correct any unintentional faux-pas of blogging, or want more information about either something that I've written about or that you wonder if I've tackled, let me know!  I have been trying to get my name under my photo but am calling it quits for tonight.  Baby steps, Jenn, baby steps...  Blog posts I hope to assemble soon include the watermelon shark I made with my class, birthday cakes, and summer salads.  Any preferences?  I'm so glad you came to see me! :-)

Jennifer

*I was going to add "avoid grammatical or word-choice errors" because have a few Grammar Goddesses as friends," but then I realized that this comment was akin to the "I'm afraid to cook for you" issue.  Ahh...learning more about myself already!

2 comments:

  1. Very excited to see your posts jennifer, as you may know cooking/baking is a huge challenge for me. So very excited to see if I can get some quick and easy tips from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dawn! I'll be putting up a post today, once I figure out how to add photos. It will be one of many about birthday cakes.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line - comments, questions, and your own ideas are all very welcome! :-)